Netherlands – Rotterdam | Video & Motion Graphic Designer
We’re seeking a video and motion graphic designer with solid motion graphics chops to boost our marketing department with multimedia design in a variety of capacities. This position will report directly to our creative design team lead.
The marketing department is a fun, diverse, collaborative team of experienced marketing professionals, working together toward a singular goal – to continually generate and support the phenomenal growth of our company.
Who You’ll Work With
Based in our Rotterdam office, you will be part of the Marketing Design Team along with two other designers. You will also work closely with our Global Marketing and Digital Content specialists.
What You’ll Do
You will support our business teams throughout Europe as they serve our clients, by providing guidance on the use of multimedia and creating impactful visual communication materials.
As a creative designer with strong conceptualization skills, you will create communication materials (primarily video, but occasionally digital and print) to suit a wide variety of occasions and topics. You will be an adviser and creative partner to the business and will develop creative solutions to best support their communication goals, tell visual stories, and bring together communicative and visual content.
You will also support requests and projects from the initial briefing through concept design to final end-product realization. You will assume sole responsibility for these projects or will work in a team alongside other specialists, always in close consultation with the business. You will deliver flawless quality in terms of both product and process. Through your expertise and experience, you will enrich the professional dialogue in our marketing department, while also supporting your colleagues in acquiring new knowledge.
Do you know what it takes to translate your idea / existing content into video clippings and trailers worth sharing? Are you also ready to roll up your sleeves and support in everyday organizational tasks, supporting social media content production (GIFs, banners etc)? Do you know Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other online platforms inside-out? And most importantly, are you that stand-up comic and fun-loving person who will fit in with our meme-loving Creative department?
- 80% of your time: Regularly use video equipment (SLR camera, tripod, lighting, mic, backdrop, etc.) and video editing software to produce and edit short-form video content for website, social media, and other promotional channels
- 20% of your time: Support design team by creating on-brand graphics for a variety of digital and print assets, including (but not limited to) blog headers, social media posts, email headers, banner ads, webpages, PowerPoint decks, sales sheets, brochures, event banners and booths, and other promotional items
- Work closely with design team lead and the rest of the marketing team to keep apprised of – and quickly adapt to – shifting priorities and new developments
- You love to tell stories
- You think proactively and show initiative
- You have a super-human eye for detail
- You can communicate your ideas to other people
- You like to work in a team of young marketing professionals
- You know how to make your ideas come to life on the screen
- You have the ability to position yourself in the mind of our different personas
- Can liaise with crew about technical requirements (e.g. lighting and camera movements, sound?recording requirements, vision effects and graphics and transitions
- Can assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the creative lead’s vision
- Can manipulate and edit footage in new and interesting ways
- You can work independently and think of creative ideas to achieve the best possible visual result
- Have familiarity with sound systems, effects and music editing – bringing?sight and sound together into a cohesive story
- Have familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Have a can-do attitude and are comfortable in a dynamic work environment, embracing changes and accepting revisions if needed to improve the game
- A good understanding of motion graphics is preferred
- You can meet short deadlines and stay organized
- Have a compelling portfolio of full-length or short films, videos and commercials
- Can grasp the production team’s needs from a brief
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Someone who also has experience in animation or motion graphics will be looked upon?favorably
Education & Experience:
- To be successful in this role you must have a minimum of 2 years media with a focus on video creation. You have experience with the latest software tools and you’re able to tell us which tools we need to get for you. You have a deep desire to deliver the best and most engaging visual content, and you have the right set of eyes to know what our target audience wants to see.
- Course program in related discipline (e.g. Design, Fine Arts, Marketing) or any combination of education and experience that enhances Video and Graphic Designer role
- 3+ years in a marketing graphic design/video editing role (B2B preferred)
- Video editing software experience (especially After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro etc.)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Provide links to your video creations or design portfolio
- You’re available full-time (40 hours)
Please note that we can only consider applicants who are currently holding an EU citizenship/resident permit for this role
About the application process:
Please send your motivation letter and CV to:?[email protected]