Assess whether new packaging communicates premium brand values in different countries
A premium spirits brand wanted to test a new?packaging design across territories to?determine whether it successfully?communicated its brand values in different?countries.
How we got there
We used our PACT methodology to test the new bottle design in a natural environment in the US and China. We assessed it against the current bottle as well as competitors.
A modular survey with simulated shelf?browsing and shopping exercises was used to assess the visibility/findability,?impact and optimization of the new?packaging design.
Using this methodology meant our client?could test and receive feedback on specific?elements of the new design.
- Our client identified the elements of a new?bottle and carton design that best?communicated its brand values and stood out?on the shelf.
- The design was also part of the pitch process?to choose a new creative agency, and our?research helped identify which one the client?should select.
- We established that the new packaging would?work in both countries we tested: the US and?China.
Testing new packaging design across
territories with PACT
- Understand the different elements of new?packaging design in detail
- Test whether a design communicates your?brand values versus competitors
- Make sure your packaging design stands out?on the shelf and is desirable for shoppers
- Check whether new designs work well in?different countries