Co-creating the perfect positioning for a new kitchen appliance in Germany and the Netherlands for Philips
Philips new kitchen appliance offers innovative technology that makes it easy for consumers to create perfectly cooked dishes. A key goal for Philips in this product range extension was to justify a premium price point.
Optimizing the launch meant identifying the right communication messaging and positioning in it key markets of Germany and the Netherlands.
The study provided insight into the positioning and? communication of the new kitchen appliance. We identified:
- the main consumer challenges it would solve
- the most resonating end-benefit and RTBs
- the most appealing claim and name for the technology
Due to significant differences in the maturity of the category and the cooking culture in both markets, we recommended ways to adapt the messaging to each market.
The improved concepts were successfully validated in a quantitative research shortly after.
How we got there
We used Immerse, MetrixLab’s? mass qualitative feedback solution which is powered by AI. We established two interactive group discussions of 80 current and planned owners of specific kitchen appliances in the Netherlands and Germany.
We collaborated closely with Philips to prepare an outline discussion guide that used MetrixLab’s concept screening frameworks.
In the live groups we discussed alternatives and improvements for the elements of the concept including technology name and benefits. We also probed the broader context of cooking challenges and solutions.
Stakeholders at Philips observed the discussion in? real-time online – giving them insight into early consumer reactions, and allowing them to ask additional questions. The excitement of obtaining direct results was highly appreciated
Following the groups, MetrixLab prepared an in-depth report analyzing the drivers of consumer preferences and providing clear recommendations.
- Co-created an optimized positioning with consumers and the Philips team
- Qualitative insights delivered from a quantitative base
- Real-time high-level insights strengthened with in-depth analysis and recommendations
- A high-quality discussion guide with the flexibility to respond to consumer feedback as it happens